Thursday, March 01, 2007

Cuban Black Bean Soup

What's that? You can't find this recipe in PV? That's because it's not there. This is a recipe from Soup & Bread and frankly, I don't know why it isn't in PV. I've made bean soups before. They are okay. I never super love them. Mostly I just make them for the warmth and smell they spread throughout the house. This soup, however, I LOVED. The first day I made it it was only okay. But the next day, apparently after the flavors melded, I couldn't stop eating it. I bet I ate six bowls in one day. I'm not bragging- I feel like I'm confessing but that's how it is. It was so good. I did over chop the peppers and onions....so next time I won't do that. But holy cow was this good. And so easy to make. And inexplicable. I mean, it was just some beans, onions and peppers....how did they make such a delicious taste? I'm not sure, but I'm willing to do the research (a.k.a. more tasting) to find out.

No comments: