Thursday, March 01, 2007

Shocking Pasta

Wonderful. Very fast and wonderful. Who would have thought I would ever be singing the praises of a beet? But man are they good. I know I've told you before how great they are, so I'll hold off on that. It did take about 35 minutes to bake the beets but, if you have them baked on hand, this dish would take about 10 minutes to make (the time it takes to make the pasta). Its color is beautiful and the raw garlic leaves you with just a little bite. I'm not sure I would serve this to guests just because it is not really very fancy...but then, neither am I so maybe I would. Besides, I can't tell you how much I enjoy it when my non-vegetarian husband asks for dishes like, 'That delicious beet pasta.' Also, the beet greens are so nutritious that buying the beets is really like getting two meals in one.

No comments: