Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sloppy Lentils

Sloppy Joes. I used to love 'em as a kid. So I tried this.
Not the same.
I managed to finish the pot so as not to waste food but it wasn't completely enjoyable. Part of the problem was that the lentils maybe weren't done all the way so they weren't super soft. I've heard red ones are creamier and fall apart more easily so I might try that. They certainly have potential, though. I'll be making these again - probably with red lentils, more water to make the lentils softer, more mustard (I like 'em tangy) and plenty of onions. I served it on toasted rolls split in half. It was a nice, one-pot meal that I think will turn out better next time.

STATS:
Vegan
Total Calories: I'll get back to you on that
Makes: A lot
Cooking time: 8 hours on low
Find It: On page 104 of Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow-Cooker
Taste: It has potential. C+/B-

No comments: