Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sweet and Sour Tofu

I love, love, LOVE this! It really is just like take out Sweet and Sour. And it's so flexible. Just put in whatever veggies you have on hand. The first time I made this, I used tofu like she suggests. The next time, I used chopped 'chicken' breasts from Quorn - a product I discovered by accident and now am in love with. I like the Quorn version better, but the tofu is a nice change of pace as well.
I cut big time calories by using the LaChoy brand sweet and sour sauce since all the others had almost twice the calories (320 vs. 600).
If you want to use broccoli, make sure you put it in toward the end as it tends to get mushy. I only put it in for about 30 minutes on high before it was done - but then, I like my veggies just a little bit firm.
This was just SO easy to make and really tastes great!

STATS:
Vegan
Total Calories: About 155 calories per cup
Makes: About 8 cups
Cooking time: About 1.5 hours on high
Find it: On the blog 'A Year Of Crockpotting'
Taste: A+

No comments: