Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bakery-Style Berry Muffins

Best muffins I've ever made. Just a touch of sweet and moist, almost creamy muffin. Plus, the recipe calls for you to fill the tin up so they explode over the top and make for towering muffin tops. So good. The recipe allows for most any type of berry. I've made this with mixed (excellent) and blueberry (superb). Both muffins were delicious with the berry acting as bonus goodness. If you only make one muffin from this book, let it be this one. Until, of course, I try out all the others and let you know.
The recipe does call for soy yogurt. Which I substituted for with sour cream. Which I left at work (I bought groceries on the way to work so as to avoid the rush afterward). So then I substituted with buttermilk. Which I then substituted for with rice milk and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Turned out great!

Stats:
Vegan
Makes: 12 huge muffins
Find it: On page 160 of Vegan Brunch
Taste: Like straight-from-the-bakery muffins

No comments: