Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Classic Broccoli Quiche with Basic Pastry Crust

Excellent. I could barely stop myself from eating the filling before it cooked. And by barely I mean I didn't. Starting with the crust: All the basic crust making tricks apply; Be sure that everything is stone cold, mix as little as possible, etc. Also, be sure you don't add too much butter. Dark waves of smoke will emit as the excess butter drips out and burns. Ask me how I know.
As far as the filling goes, it was so, so delicious as is. It's smooth and tasty with just enough bite from the broccoli chunks to make it toothsome. I've never had egg-quiche so I'm not sure how they compare but I found this to be delicious. Plus, I now have a great crust recipe for pie!
Also, making this gave me a great excuse to use my fancy quiche pan.

Stats:
Vegan
Makes: One quiche
Find it: On page 41 of Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Taste: Excellent - fancy enough for guests

No comments: