Friday, September 08, 2006

Thai Sweet and Garlicky Cauliflower with Red Bell Pepper Strips

This book is riddled with long titles but that was no reflection on the time it took to make this dish. I ended up making a double batch because a single batch called for 1/2 head of cauliflower, 1/2 a yellow pepper and 1/2 a red. I figured if I was going to be left over with exactly enough to make a batch, I might as well make it again. The hardest part of this dish was chopping everything up - and isn't prep always the most time consuming? But even that wasn't bad. I had my sweetheart help me and we were done with everything in about 15-20 minutes. Just enough time to make some rice - which I did. There is a lot of juice left over from the 3T of soy sauce in here and rice just seemed like a perfect thing to serve this with, though CD doesn't call for it. Next time, I'll serve it with quinoa to up the protein intake (I was hungry again in about an hour). CD recommends that you measure everything and prep all your ingredients prior to cooking. I never used to do that but I started trying it and it really helped with this dish (there is a little bit of "do this for 15 seconds then quick throw this in for 30 seconds" that was greatly eased by having everything ready.) Oh, and it was delicious!

Find it: On page 723 of Passionate Vegetarian

No comments: